How To Resize Multiple Images At Once In Photoshop


Is it possible to resize multiple images at the same time? I have 50 images that I want to same size.  Will I have to resize all of these separately? These kinds of questions can be asked often from many Photoshop beginners or by someone else who even know almost nothing about Photoshop, therefore I’m going to teach them with this little but useful tutorial, which should give you an indication of how incredibly easy it is to do. Though, there are some things you need to keep in mind when resizing your images, as we’ll see in thisPhotoshop tutorial.
Note: This is my first ever tutorial in my career so please guide me if I make any mistake and I think the screen shorts will guide you more than my words which indicated with blue arrows:

Step 1:

First, open your desire image folder which you want to resize, make a new folder in it with a name “edit” or what ever you want to name it, like shown in picture below.

Step 2:

Now open an image and select the actions button > create new set and click ok and then > create new action and click record, if action button is not showing such as in image below, so you can find actions in window menu, from the menu bar as well.


Step 3:

After that go to image menu and select “image size” you can also use the short key (Alt+Ctrl+I) or (Alt+I+I) now resize the image as per your requirement and then save it for web and devices, short key (Alt+ Shift+ Ctrl+S) or (Alt+F and then press D) and then set the resolution, quality and the image extension, like JPEG, GIF or with some others, save it in to the “Edit” folder and close the image, a massage will appear “Save changes to the adobe photoshop document before closing?” click “No” so that you can keep the original as well, and then press stop playing/recording button.

Step 4:

Now go to File > Automate > Batch… command (they are used together to run a set of commands against a bunch of images). Now select the main folder and the destination folder where action will be apply, click “ok” Action command will run automatically, in the mean while, there you’ll see a replace file massage so just click “replace” and wait for the action to complete, it will finish within a minute or so, but it depends that how many images you are going to resize.
One thing you should be aware of it that the destination folder option by default shown as “None” so you have to set it first as “folder” such as shown in the pictures below:
And here are your desired images with the same sizes:

http://www.multyshades.com/category/tutorials/

Comments